Gijinka World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gijinka World

Incarnate a Pokemon Gijinka as you discover the lands of Airia

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why you chose this character?

Go down 
+4
Volt
Fern Tao
Mueki
Suida Quaria
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Suida Quaria
Admin
Suida Quaria

Character sheet
Specie: Dragonair
Level: 5

Why you chose this character? Empty
PostSubject: Why you chose this character?   Why you chose this character? EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:43 am

Hey guys! A simple thread for a few questions about your character! Share your reasons for:

-Why did you choose that particular pokemon?
-Why did you choose that name?

I chose Dragonair because I wanted a character that would suit well a girl, wouldn't be ugly, and had a good set of attacks. I hesitated between a few, like Tropius, but eventually decided that it would be a Dragonair, with a mage-like moveset.

Suida Quaria is the name I chose. Suida comes from japanese, which had something to do with reading I think. I already forgot. Quaria was part of a synonym of "excavation", a word that I've never seen before. I think it's a name that suits very well a Dragonair.

Your turn!
Back to top Go down
http://gijinka.pokemonrpg.org
Mueki

Mueki

PostSubject: Re: Why you chose this character?   Why you chose this character? EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 11:07 am

I chose a Zweilous simply because I couldn't choose an Hydreigon *pouts* Also because as a gijinka, it suits well a more emo-like style and introverted character ; my favorites to role-play!

Mueki simply means Useless in japanese. I still haven't written it but the story off my character will explain why I chose that name ^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why you chose this character?   Why you chose this character? EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 5:25 pm

ahahah u stole my idea
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why you chose this character?   Why you chose this character? EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 5:29 pm

at least gimme sum credit! and

i chose lucario cause i think his a good choice for rping, he has amazing AMAZING attk and good speed with a moveset that can destroy this whole continent
Back to top Go down
Fern Tao

Fern Tao

Character sheet
Specie: Mienshao
Level: 6

PostSubject: Re: Why you chose this character?   Why you chose this character? EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 3:36 pm

I chose Mienshao for two reasons. First it is one of my favorite pokemon from black and white. Secondly it is fast and strong and would be ideal for the character I wanted to play.

I named him Fern because it is usally the name for a female and I wanted to give him a reason to be happy to be away from his clan. Fern which is English means non flowering plant was given as part of his fathers spite for him. Tao is Chinese and means eternally nameless which means someone who won't amount to anything. I thought it would be fun to make my character try his hardest to make a name for himself as the man who is eternally nameless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why you chose this character?   Why you chose this character? EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:48 pm

I chose Vaporen because I thought it would be lame to recreate morphs I have on PMARP (A Blaziken F, a Furret F, a Volcorona (F), and a Zoroark (F) )

I was going to make the adopted daughter of my Blaziken and Furret (Ember and Rill, they am togetherz) but I couldn't make a dragonite gijinka T^T so I had to think of a new pokemon.

I could of made a Haxorus because it had a nice movespool and it was cute, but I didn't. I don't know why I will probably make her later.

I chose a Vaproeon cause it is one of my favorite pokemon and I figured it would make for a cute Gijinka, plus I wanted to make my epic Vaporeon Sapphire, the eon is just from the -eon suffix in the Eeveelutions from Soul Silver here Razz.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why you chose this character?   Why you chose this character? EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 1:45 am

Hmm where to start. Well i was looking around for a great pokemon to use, and i couldn't decide, the final decision though was made with a little help from Suida. since she said she hated super villains, and my character kinda looked like one, i just had to create him.

Why i chose the name Axel? hmm, well that was a hard decision, i was thinking in between the names, Axel, and Zenso... i decided for Axel eventually because i just had to...

Axel was mainly the funniest guy i have seen, i got his name from a game called Disgaea, so that's why...
Back to top Go down
Volt

Volt

Character sheet
Specie: Raichu
Level: 6

PostSubject: Re: Why you chose this character?   Why you chose this character? EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 12:28 am

I first taught about creating a blastoise named Tank or a Charmeleon, for the simple reason that they are my favourite pokémon and that they fit well my appetite for mindless destruction.

Let's be frank. I enjoy playing mindless brawlers.

I cannot help but think of raichus as being more badass versions of the trademark pikachus; manlier and more agressive. That I think fit well my general personality, so I decided to make a Raichu.

As for the name, ''Volt'', well, I lacked creativity on this one.
Back to top Go down
Roo Gi

Roo Gi

Character sheet
Specie: Smeargle
Level: 3

PostSubject: Re: Why you chose this character?   Why you chose this character? EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 11:20 pm

I chose this pokemon because.. to be honest, I used a pokemon generator to pick a pokemon for me and it chose Smeargle xD , although I have to say, I'm glad I did this pokemon. I caught a Smeargle on my pokemon game and fell in love with it's move "Sketch".

I chose Roo for his name because I was thinking of Winnie the Pooh and Tigeroo, then ended up taking out Tige and used Roo for its name. Its childish and fun to say xD ; Then his last name is Gi because originally I was going to name him Roogie to sound like Rookie[beginner], but it sounded weird so just dropped it E and used Gi :3
Back to top Go down
Kiet Burrow

Kiet Burrow

Character sheet
Specie: Vibrava
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: Why you chose this character?   Why you chose this character? EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 2:45 am

As a kid, my favorite Pokemon was Flygon: powerful, agile, yet mysterious. However, in previous RP sites I joined, Flygon was overused. So I opted for its preevolution- the one people rarely think about. And before I knew it, I began using Vibrava for everything.

His name was originally supposed to be 'Kite.' However, I accidentally made a typo, changing it to 'Kiet.' I was going to change it back, but after looking at it for a couple of seconds, I decided to go with it. (When I looked it up, I think it was a Vietnamese surname). As for 'Burrow,' he didn't originally have a surname, but it was awkward without one. So I just chose a random name (which coincidentally happened to fit his Pokemon) and it stuck.

[EDIT]: Looked up his name; apparently 'Kiet' is Thai for 'Honor.' Not bad for a random typo of a name. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Firenze

Charlotte Firenze

Character sheet
Specie: Charizard

PostSubject: Re: Why you chose this character?   Why you chose this character? EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 2:53 am

Because there are no good Heracross Gijinka. So my second favorite gets to shine. Besides, she's got some of my qualities.

Before you ask, yes, her family name is based on Ezio Auditore de Firenze of Assassin's Creed fame. And her special ability is based on Natsu from Fairy Tail. Expect to see plenty of references to games and such in her. =)
Back to top Go down
LukeLuquinn

LukeLuquinn

Character sheet
Specie: Zoroark

PostSubject: Re: Why you chose this character?   Why you chose this character? EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 4:49 am

I liked lucario better, but seishu had taken it. So, my second favorite finally got the limelight. Also I saw that you needed a blacksmith, so chose Zoroark over Golbat. Golbat's going to be my next character.
I always liked liked Luke as a name, and the Luquinn came out when I accidentally wrote "Luquinn" instead of "Lupin". I had pressed the N too much and made some typos inthe flurry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why you chose this character?   Why you chose this character? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why you chose this character?
Page 1 of 1